Thursday, March 30, 2006

FULFILLMENT














I have worked in the fertile earth and
Planted a garden, so I know what faith is.
I have listened to the birds caroling in
the early morning and at dust, so I know
what music is. I have seen the morning
without clouds after showers, so I know
what beauty is.

I have sat before a wood fire with old friends,
so I know what companionship is.
I have walked the paths of quietness along
the forest floor, so I know what peace is.
I have dwelt in the valley of rememberance
and on the hills of home, so I know what love is.

I have seen the miracle of spring, the
fruition of summer, and the beauty of atumn,
followed by the repose of winter, so I know
what life is. And because I have perceived
all these things, I know what GOD is.
(Walter Lewis Smith)



 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home